Sculptor, born in Bergamo in 1908. He attends the Andrea Fantoni School in Bergamo and the Cignaroli Art Academy in Verona. He settles in Milan, where his career takes its first steps in 1932 with an exhibit at the Milione Gallery. In the following years he has exhibits in Livorno, Palermo and Rome (in the Pecci Blunt Gallery) and in many countries abroad: Budapest, Paris, Buenos Aires, Berna, New York, Tokyo. He takes part to the Biennale Exhibition in Venice in 1936 and in 1938, with a personal room. The Cardinal is the iconographic theme of his career. He teaches sculpture at the Academy of Fine Arts of Brera, then at the Academy Albertina in Turin and the Sommerakademie in Saltsburg. His most famous works are the Porta della Morte for the Basilica of St. Peter in the Vatican, the Porta dell’Amore for the Cathedral of Saltsburg, the Porta della Pace e della Guerra for the church of Saint Laurens in Rotterdam, the Monument to the partisans in Bergamo and the sculpture in bronze that is six meters tall, situated in front of the U.N.’s center in New York. He died in Rome in 1991.